My experiences as a school superintendent have taught me about the importance of setting a vision for the future and ensuring we have sound school planning in order to achieve that vision. I always look forward to working with our board and staff on the priorities and strategies that are designed to meet our division's vision statement:
"The River East Transcona School Division will be forward-looking, innovative and service-oriented, offering superior, comprehensive programming to meet the emerging needs of our students and community."
As the superintendent/CEO, I know the partnership between our students, our schools and our parents must be supported by sound academic programming and a positive school culture. I also realize that participation in the arts, sports and myriad of other school activities plays an important role in creating a positive atmosphere where a child can become a life-long learner.
The River East Transcona School Division has established beliefs which represent our fundamental convictions and guide decision-making. Our school division believes:
- We exist to serve our students and community.
- Everyone is unique and can achieve individual success.
- Individuals excel where there are high expectations and challenging learning opportunities.
- Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Working together, we can make a significant difference in the lives of our students.
- People thrive in safe and caring environments.
- Teamwork and collaboration are essential skills for both students and staff.
The efforts of the individual schools are consistent with these guiding principles. In RETSD, we are proud of our innovation and excellence in education. We also take pride in our staff, who are exemplary in teaching and service to our community. We are committed to working with parents and the community to provide a learning environment that will allow our youth an opportunity to achieve to their highest potential.